Sunday, January 8, 2017

USA//School//Locals

Greeting from 2017,

Its been a busy year! Happy 2017!
Locals
Since moving to Nuremberg, I've started building relationships wth locals which has been really nice. One advantage to living in a smaller city is the skate scene is allot easer to connect with. The skate scene is still really big, Berlin probably with 1000+ Skaters and here around 100ish so building relationships is a bit easer. 

I was at the park one day and there was new guy there. We started talking in German only to find out we were both Americans, he was from California. We had a super good talk. Somehow we ended up talking abut creativity and how God created us to create. He began thinking about it and after a while said “that’s amazing! This is why I like painting.” It made so much sense to him. We had a really good conversation about God and everything. Even though I probably wont see him again since he's not from around here. I feel like he will come to God. 

School.
Language school goes on. The more I think about it the more I realize how school is the mission field, being homeschooled I never really got to experience class room presence with more then a couple people but now I see it. I have people from all over the middle east and eastern Europe in my class room and it is an amazing opportunity to reach out with the Gospel. So as time goes on and as relationships are built I am stoked to see what God will do. 

USA Adventure
I was finally cleared to travel since my visa was in process and stuff so I did a random fast 5 day trip home to the states a few days before Christmas. It was really nice being able to see family and friends again. One nice part was getting snow and being able to shovel again, first time in a couple years. Germany doesn't get that much snow.The day I left I took the bus to Chicago to fly and when I got the automatic machine for tickets, my ticket couldn't be found. Then I went to one dest and they said I needed to go to the other, by this time I was stressing and worried but kept praying. As I was standing in the line it was moving so slow. A service person asked why i was in line, i explained the situation to here and she started doing he thing to find my ticket but she couldn’t. I continued praying and showed her my paperwork and finally she found it. I made my flight. During the flight I ate and didn't feel so good so I had gotten up to go the bathroom, the next thing I knew was the stewardess waking me up off the floor, I had fainted. I sat again the airplane door drinking water and they  brought he orange juice to bring up my blood sugar. I returned to my seat confused. Ive flown more times then i know but have never passed out. God is always good, when we are literally weak and dont know whats happening he is still God. I can still praise God that he provided a lady to get my ticket stuff figured out and the flight attendants to be there and help bring me to. So praise the Lord, I made it safe and sound in Germany. 























I got to spend Christmas With Naomi and her family which was really special and a blessing. It was really nice. A year ago I was in South Africa over Christmas and it was hard because I was away from everyone that I loved. I rememberer climbing a mountain with some friends and looking out at so much beauty and hearing God speak in it. Creation is a gift, wherever we live we can see Gods creation and Glory. I live in a city but still see a sunrise. It showed me that God created this world for us. So fast forward a year, it was an amazing Christmas week with my family back home as well as loved ones in Germany. 




Prayer request. 

•Encouragement. 

•Language School. 

•2017 Planning. 

•Housing. (I currently have an apartment until the end of February but i need one long term.) 

• Building relationships with locals. 


Thank you all for all your prayers and support! Its amazing having all of you standing with me in prayers and support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment