Saturday, November 19, 2016

Brussels// The Dudes// The News

Its been another busy month! 

Brussels.
Zac had the brilliant idea to do a spontaneous random trip to Brussels. One of the perks to living in Europe is that flights can be very cheep, we paid 12$ round trip. So we woke up early and headed out. We were skating around the city and we found a ledge spot in front of a museum and started skating it.  An old man walked up to me, I greeted him expecting him to kick us out but his reply left me thinking. “What you are doing is so wonderful, I will sit down and watch.” Oh and did I mention he spoke French. I began to think about this response from this old man. He saw it as art, as creating and the more I began thinking about it the more I was fascinated with this, God created us to create. 

The Apartment. 
Another great accomplishment in the past month was finishing renovating an apartment. Two months ago, we started ripping out concrete walls in one of the flats, there were only 2 of us and after starting both of us began to realize if we jumped the gun. We put allot of work into it and soon all the walls were out, we dropped the floor and started building new walls and after more and more time we finished the apartment. It turned out very nice by the time we finished. The family living in it now is an American family who is working with the refugees in Berlin. Its great to see the work that has been done going towards the kingdom. 

Outreach Team.
In the middle of the month an outreach team came from Australia. We have teams come through all the time but this one was different. Most of the base was gone for a week so it allowed us to connect and get to know them. It was fun tagging along on their outreaches and assisting with that. I think the time that sticks out the most is when it was raining one afternoon and a few of us went into a train station and just played music and told people about Jesus. 
There was a class trip from Belgium that was in the tunnel I told one of the dudes that he should try preaching to the crew and I would go with him and get him started, and he did. I guess it was so rad just seeing these guys step out and be bold. 

The Dudes. 
God is beginning to bring more and more dudes together from all over the place who skate and have a passion for God. This month we did a little shred weekend and Huckleberry came out along with Mike from CAS as well as out bud Timothy from Germany. It was so encouraging all being together and growing, brainstorming and visionering for the future and what we see God is doing. 
From left to right, Mike and Huckleberry from Calling all Skaters, Timothee and Zac. 











The News. 
During the Summer and Autumn, God began opening some new doors. I had already applied for language school in the south of Germany in Nuremberg. After allot of prayer and counseling with people I made the decision to stay in Nuremberg and work with YWAM Nuremberg. 

So November 8th I packed my bags and headed south. And on the 10th I started language school. It weird being back in school again but knowing that God has called me to Germany for what I believe long term I believe it is very important to know the language. 

Other then that, the goal is still building relationships with local shredders and networking and of course learning the language and seeing where I can fit in and finding my place in my new home in Nuremberg. 

Reflecting on my time in Berlin, God did allot. I served there for 14 months, staffed a DTS and was involved in more outreaches then I can count. The people and relationships that were built and formed will last forever. 

This months prayer request; 

*Language School. (Understanding, wisdom and no stress.) 

*Financial Support. 

*Building relationships with the skate scene here in Nuremberg. 

*Future. As we plan out the event calendar for 2017 and launch new projects we need your prayers. Aswell that God will bring more people together for are European team. 

*Health. 

Thank you all once again for all your prayers, it is the best thing ever knowing I have you all in my life! As well as all of you who have chosen to support financially, THANK YOU! 


I wish all of you a warm, sunny and rad Thanks Giving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment