Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Zac// Norway//Stuttgart


It has been an extremely busy 6 weeks since I last wrote. Gods been teaching me allot on a few different things, passion being one of them which I'll share later on. 

One Year

One year ago on September 11th I flew to Germany. Im still kinda shocked how fast a year goes by. When you first enter the field you always wonder where you will be in a year and its still so exciting. Germany has turned into a new home and God has given me such heart for this country. So I want to say thank you! Thank you for all your prayers over the year! Thank you as well for your financial support! I remember when I first moved he, I knew how to count to 10 and good morning and good night. Now this foreign language is no longer foreign as Ive learned how to communicate a little haha. 


ZAC

Four months ago Zac headed back to the states. It was a hard good bye, I had no idea when I would see him again. After a month of being home all he wanted was to be back in Germany and September 2 he came back. So stoked! Its so good skating and seeing him again. 

















Norway

Five months ago some friends and I started planning a trip to Norway. We didn't have a clear idea how it would work Igor look but we decided to try. September 7 we loaded the camper van and set off. It was a really great experience to get away from everything and see more of Gods creations. 


During the first week we stopped at a skatepark in Giro, it was small but fun with good vibes and a ton of scooters. I got to talk a little with them a d give em some stickers. They were all stoked! We drove by so many skate parks in small villages and it makes you wonder, will this park ever be reached? And really created ideas and desire to do something about it. 

A few months ago you read about Jon, Jon was staff on my DTS back in Africa. Currently he lives in the south of Norway teaching kaiaking and surfing. He told us about a pastor in Voss who had a sheep farm and needed help herding the sheep from the mountains. We drove over to Voss on Thursday. Friday afternoon we meet with Jon at the church and joined them for Bible Study. Saturday everyone gathered at the Pastors house and we headed to the 
mountains. I don't know how many moles we hiked around that valley that day. After herding the sheep everyone went to the pastors home for an all Norwegian dinner. One thing I got out of that was a literal understanding of sheep. Jesus talked so much about sheep and it's so interesting to spend time with sheep, you begin to understand the personality and it all begins to make sense. 

We took a faerie across from Norway to Denmark. During the time on the sea the water got really bad. Probably one of the most scary moments of my life. The ship was swaying up and down, going crazy. We were all sick, and praying. After 6 hours of sailing the waves finally stopped. There is something about a sea becoming still. One more experience God used to reveal himself more to me. 



We had so many amazing stories of adventures throughout our time there. It allowed us allot experience more of God in nature. I wish I could share them all. Hopefully you can enjoy some of the photos. Overall the trip was a really amazing experience to see and experience God. 






Stuttgart 
We came back to Nürmberg the 30th and the next morning I headed west to Stuttgart for an event with SRS bmx guys.
 A local church just south of Stuttgart hosted a skate and BMX outreach. Zac headed down two days before me to help set up with the guys. We were able to build so many relationships with the dudes there, I was also able to speak at the event. So good! 



In one month I will be moving to Nuremberg Germany, Its a couple hours south of Berlin for Language School. I will be doing an intense 5 month course. This will open more doors in building relationships with skaters and people of Germany. I strongly praying about the next season of ministry. God is opening more and more doors and we are building so many new connections in action sports in Germany. The future is ripe and I'm stoked! 

Prayer Request; 

Health 

Financial Support 

Language School 

Skate ministry as a whole in Europe

The Future 

Local Skaters 




No comments:

Post a Comment