Wednesday, October 7, 2015

My new city.


Time truly does fly. A month ago I sat wondering what and what Germany would be like and now I’ve been here for 3 weeks.

I arrived in Berlin the 11th of September. The first week was so busy preparing for the DTS.  September 26th the students arrived and we had a kick off bbq. 

The next day (Sunday the 27th) we went on a city scavenger hunt so everyone could get a taste of the city transit. We finished at the final train stop and began to walk to a restraint. We walked under a bridge and there was a guy who had a sign in English saying, “Money for food and drugs” he smiled at me and I back at him. We got to the restraint and I felt God wanted me to go back and talk with Him, I asked Jian another staff if he wanted to come with me and buy him some food before our food at the restraint arrived. (This is where the story gets weird) we walked maybe 30 meters and watched a lady get hit by a car right in front of us. We waited for the crowd to settle down and walked over to her and asked if we could pray for her. She said yes. After that we made our way to the bridge. I asked the guy if I could by him some food and he said yes after bringing him some Döner (a Turkish sandwich thing) we sat down with him and he began to open up to us about His life. At the end we asked if he would read a Bible if we brought him one, he said yes. We finally made it back to the restraint with two crazy stories to tell about what had just happened.  

Five days later I hopped on a bus for Köln Germany about 8 hour bus ride from Berlin.
I met with a Christian skate team called SRS. It was such a blessing to connect with others who carry the same passion for ministry. Over all it was an amazing weekend and I look forward to see what God has in store for the future.

Before coming to Berlin I knew about the wall but wasn’t really familiar with the whole story behind it. Yesterday was the reunification day marking 25 years of the wall being down. The city hosted a huge event last night and it was such an honor to stand there and see the transformation that had taken place. They showed a video from when the communist party had fallen and the wall was open, people came through so over joyed crying for they were finally free. I believe so much that God has such great things in store for this country. The wall came down and there was freedom from communism. There is still a spiritual wall and this wall is in the hearts of men and woman across the globe, they need the Lord and it isn’t until we experience this that we truly have freedom.

This has been the first 3 weeks of living in Berlin. Prayer request are,

·      Spiritual strength
·      Financial support
·      DTS Students
·      Language (its coming slowly but surly)  

Thank you for all your prayers and support!

P.S. To finish up the story with the man under the bridge, we went back the other day and he was still there. I asked one of the girls on staff who works with people like that if she knew where we could find an English Bible, she ended up giving us hers. (What a blessing! And so humbling.)
We went to the train station and we were having trouble buying a ticket from the machine and ended up missing our train. A lady walked up to us and said “here take my day pass ticket for free.” We hopped on the next train and met him under the same bridge. He was stoked to see us. We bought him some food gave him the Bible. He said he would read it.
I can’t remember his name but God does and if you could remember him in prayer that would be great.


No comments:

Post a Comment